"Pesten", literally meaning "bullying", is a Dutch card game for two players. Both players are dealt 8 cards and the goal is to empty your hand as soon as possible. You can only play cards of the same suit, but there are some rules with which you "bully" your opponent:
- When playing a 2, the other player has to take 2 cards;
- When playing an 8, the other player has to skip a turn;
- When playing a B (which is the Jack in Dutch card games), you can change the suit;
- When playing a joker, the other player has to take 5 cards;
- Playing a card with the same number, but of a different suit, will change the game to that new suit.
Note that when you play this game in real life, some families have different rules. Always ask what rules they apply.